This site is supported by our readers. We may earn a commission, at no cost to you, if you purchase through links.
Are you a proud owner of a pit bull? If so, then you know it’s essential to feed them with the right food.
Fortunately, we’ve compiled this list of the top 10 best dog foods for pit bulls that will ensure your canine companion gets only the best nutrition.
From Dr Tims Kinesis Dog Food and Annamaet Ultra 32 Dry Dog Food to Diamond Naturals Dog Food and Wellness Adult Chicken Oatmeal – these are some of our favorite picks when it comes to providing optimal nutrition for every stage in life.
We’ll also discuss how different breeds can affect what kind of diet is appropriate as well as look into puppy vs adult feeding requirements.
With this knowledge at hand plus our selection from above – you’ll easily find an ideal meal plan that works perfectly for your beloved bully breed!
Table Of Contents
- Key Takeaways
- 10 Best Dog Foods for Pit Bulls
- 1. Annamaet Ultra 32 Dry Dog Food
- 2. Dr Tims Kinesis Dog Food
- 3. Crave High Protein Chicken Dog Food
- 4. Taste Wild Wetlands Dog Food
- 5. Diamond Naturals Dog Food
- 6. Wellness Adult Chicken Oatmeal
- 7. Nulo Freestyle Turkey Sweet Potato Dog Food
- 8. CANIDAE Lamb Rice Dog Food
- 9. Blue Buffalo Adult Dog Food
- 10. Nutro Ultra Puppy Dog Food
- Choosing the Right Food for Your Pit Bull
- Feeding Pit Bull Puppies Vs. Adults
- Understanding Different Pit Bull Breeds
- Additional Considerations for Pit Bull Nutrition
- Top 10 Best Dog Foods for Pit Bulls: Annamaet Ultra 32 Dry Dog Food, Dr. Tim’s Kinesis Dog Food, Crave High Protein Chicken Dog Food, Taste of the Wild Wetlands Dog Food, Diamond Naturals Dog Food, Wellness Adult Chicken Oatmeal, Nulo Freestyle Turkey Sweet Potato Dog Food, CANIDAE Lamb Rice Dog Food, Blue Buffalo Adult Dog Food, Nutro Ultra Puppy Dog Food.
- Considerations for Pit Bull Nutrition: Portion control for weight management, Quality ingredients with no artificial additives, Addressing specific health concerns, Grain-free options for dietary considerations.
- Nutrient Guidelines for Pit Bulls: Puppies need higher protein, fat, and probiotics, Adults require moderate fat levels and antioxidants, Omega fatty acids for skin health, Whole proteins as first ingredients.
- Feeding Pit Bull Puppies vs. Adults: Puppies need more calories, fat, and protein, Adults require age-appropriate diets, Monitor portion sizes and feeding schedules.
10 Best Dog Foods for Pit Bulls
Finding the best food for your Pit Bull can be a challenge, especially with so many different options available. Fortunately, some of the top-rated brands include Annamaet Ultra 32 Dry Dog Food, Dr. Tim’s Kinesis Dog Food, Crave High Protein Chicken Dog Food, Taste of the Wild Wetlands Dog Food, Diamond Naturals Dog Food, Wellness Adult Chicken Oatmeal, Nulo Freestyle Turkey Sweet Potato Dog Food, and more.
1. Annamaet Ultra 32 Dry Dog Food
View On Chewy
If you’re looking for a grain-free option with high protein and fat levels, Annamaet Ultra 32 Dry Dog Food could be the perfect choice to fuel your pup’s energy needs. This food is made in the USA and contains premium chicken, marine microalgae for omega-3 fatty acids, L-carnitine for fat metabolism, prebiotics, and probiotics to support gut health.
Chelated minerals are also included to improve mineral absorption as well as immune system support.
User feedback has been generally positive with some reporting improved allergies, shiny coats, and increased energy in their pitties. Others have seen weight gain or coat improvement after transitioning their new dog onto this formula.
However, there have been some reports of upset stomachs or large soft stools, so it may take time adjusting if switching from another food source before finding what works best for your pup’s individual needs.
- High protein content suitable for active dogs
- Contains chelated minerals improving mineral absorption & immunity
- Rich in Omega 3 & 6 fatty acids supporting skin & coat health
- Unappealing smell can put off picky eaters
- May require transition time before ideal results
- Can cause diarrhea when fed too much
2. Dr Tims Kinesis Dog Food
View On Chewy
You’ll love the lusciously luring lamb and salmon found in Dr. Tim’s Kinesis Dog Food, a high-protein formula designed to fuel your furry friend! This 88% animal protein mix contains fish oil for healthy skin and coat, plus EPA and DHA for cognitive function.
It also features patented BC30 probiotic for digestive health, taurine and DL-methionine to support heart health, as well as essential vitamins minerals from real fruits and superfoods.
- Contains 88% animal proteins with fish oil omega fatty acids
- Features patented BC30 probiotics & taurine/DL-methionine for holistic gut & heart health
- Vitamins minerals sourced from real fruits & superfoods
- Supports whole body nutrition suitable across life stages
- Mixed reviews regarding price increase over time
- Expensive compared to other dog foods on the market
- Not an ideal choice if you have picky eaters
3. Crave High Protein Chicken Dog Food
View On Chewy
Crave High Protein Chicken Dog Food offers a grain-free recipe made with real chicken as the main ingredient, plus omega fatty acids for skin and coat health. This food is suitable for all breeds and sizes of dogs, making it an ideal choice for picky eaters.
It doesn’t contain any artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives and provides essential vitamins like B6 to support your dog’s energy production.
Customers who have tried this food report that their pets enjoy the taste, while others experienced issues such as gas or itching after consuming it. Unfortunately, Crave no longer makes wet dog food, so customers may need to switch if they were using that kind before.
- Contains premium animal protein (34%)
- Grain-free with peas as a carbohydrate source
- No corn, wheat, soy, byproducts, or preservatives
- Suitable for all breeds & sizes (especially picky eaters)
- Affordable pricing
- Not available in wet form anymore
- Mixed reviews on customer satisfaction
- Some reported gas & itching problems
4. Taste Wild Wetlands Dog Food
View On Chewy
Experience the ancestral cravings of your pup with Taste of the Wild Wetlands Dog Food, a grain-free recipe made to nourish and fuel your furry friend. Made in the USA by a family-owned brand, this food contains real duck as its number one ingredient for essential protein, plus vitamins and minerals from real fruits and superfoods like blueberries and oranges for optimal nutrition.
Omega fatty acids help promote skin and coat health, while K9 Strain Proprietary Probiotics support digestive function.
This formula is suitable for adult dogs of all breed sizes, making it an ideal choice if you’re looking to switch up their diet or introduce new flavors into their meal times.
- Improved stool consistency
- Slower eating due to larger kibble size
- Dogs love the taste
- Good nutritional ingredients
- Fast delivery & excellent service
- Not suitable for dogs prone to hunger striking
- No significant improvement reported in sensitive dog cases
- Previous brand change due to formula & price issues
5. Diamond Naturals Dog Food
View On Chewy
Diamond Naturals’ real cage-free chicken recipe offers a grain-free, nutrient-packed meal for all breeds and sizes. The main ingredient is complemented by omega fatty acids to keep your pup’s coat healthy and looking its best.
Vitamins, minerals, and superfoods like blueberries and oranges are also included in the formula to support overall health.
With no corn, wheat, or soy in sight, you can be assured that your dog is getting only the highest quality ingredients available.
- Made with real cage-free chicken (#1 ingredient)
- Omega fatty acids keep skin & coat healthy
- Contains vitamins & minerals from superfoods
- No corn/wheat/soy
- Species-specific K9 strain probiotics
- Antioxidants aid immunity
- Prebiotic promotes gut health
- Suitable for all breeds & sizes
- Mixed reviews on customer feedback
- Some dogs may become finicky eaters
- Price point compared to other brands
6. Wellness Adult Chicken Oatmeal
View On Chewy
Wellness Adult Chicken Oatmeal is the ultimate fuel for your pup, packing an unbeatable punch of nutrition to keep them feeling their best! Formulated for complete whole-body nutritional support, this GMO-free recipe contains premium proteins and wholesome grains.
Omega fatty acids, antioxidants, glucosamine, and probiotics help support a strong immune system and energy levels. Plus, with taurine added in, you can be sure that your pup’s skin & coat health will remain top-notch.
With no meat by-products or artificial preservatives, it makes the perfect meal choice for all breeds regardless of size or age – small puppies through large adults alike!
- Contains omega fatty acids, antioxidants & glucosamine.
- No meat by-products or artificial preservatives.
- Suitable for all breeds regardless of size/age.
- Recent quality control issue reported with kibble size/color discrepancy.
- Some customers experienced issues making dogs sick.
- Mixed reviews regarding taste & impact on dogs’ stools.
7. Nulo Freestyle Turkey Sweet Potato Dog Food
View On Chewy
Nulo Freestyle Turkey Sweet Potato Dog Food is a grain-free, adult formula packed with 85% animal-based proteins to fuel your pup’s energy needs. It contains vitamin B6 and niacin from turkey for energy production, probiotics for digestion support, omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids for skin and coat health, calcium and phosphorus for strong bones.
Wholesome vegetables and fruits are added to provide optimal immune health. This premium food is suitable for all breeds of dogs, making it an ideal choice if you have picky eaters or aging pets at home who need extra nutrition in their diet.
Dogs who suffer from sensitivities or allergies can trust that Nulo Freestyle doesn’t contain any chicken or egg proteins, so they don’t have to worry about flare-ups after meals anymore!
- Suitable for picky eaters, even those who don’t like poultry
- Convenient alternative to cooking chicken specifically tailored towards dogs
- Beneficial properties geared towards older pets dealing with weight issues and sensitive stomachs, such as colitis
- Price could be considered somewhat expensive by some customers
- May contain trace amounts of chicken fat, which could cause problems in sensitive dogs
8. CANIDAE Lamb Rice Dog Food
View On Chewy
CANIDAE Lamb Rice Dog Food is a vet-formulated wet food made with real lamb, wholesome grains, and no corn, wheat, or soy – perfect for all breeds of adult dogs. It’s available in 9.75-pound cans and provides essential protein, carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals to support your pup’s overall health.
Some customers report that the food is soupy, which makes it difficult to scoop out. However, this could be because their dog prefers more moisture in their diet. Additionally, the soupy texture can be useful for hiding medications if needed.
The taste of the food has been hit or miss with some pooches loving it while others are picky eaters. However, many owners have noted its usefulness when adding moisture to dry kibble diets for elderly dogs who have lost their appetite due to age-related issues such as an impaired sense of smell/taste.
Despite mixed reviews from customers regarding texture (some find it gummy while others find it too dry), CANIDAE Lamb Rice Dog Food remains a popular choice among pet parents. It is a convenient wet dog food option, albeit at a slightly higher price point than other brands on the market today.
- Vet formulated and suitable for all breeds of adult dogs
- Real lamb simmered in savory broth helps add palatability
- Contains wholesome grains plus vitamins & minerals
- Free from corn, wheat, & soy products
- Could be too soupy, causing difficulty during feeding time
- Mixed reviews about texture – some find it gummy/dry
- Relatively expensive compared to other brands
9. Blue Buffalo Adult Dog Food
View On Chewy
Blue Buffalo Adult Dog Food offers an impressive 34% protein content and no artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives – perfect for picky eaters! The recipe features real meat, whole grains, garden veggies, and fruit to provide complete nutrition for adult dogs of all breeds.
Glucosamine is included to support joint health, while immunity-boosting vitamins, chelated minerals, and antioxidants aid in keeping your pup healthy.
This grain-free formula contains no corn, wheat, soy, or poultry by-product meals, so you can rest assured that only the best ingredients are going into your dog’s body.
Customers have attested to their pups enjoying the taste of Blue Buffalo, as well as successfully raising puppies with it.
However, there have been a few complaints about quality control issues, such as a change in smell between batches and storage problems too. But these seem like isolated incidents rather than widespread ones affecting everyone who buys this product.
- High Protein Content (34%)
- Real Meat & Whole Grains Included
- Contains Glucosamine For Joint Health
- No Corn, Wheat, Soy, Or Poultry By-Product Meals
- Mixed Reviews On Quality Control Issues
- Change In Smell Between Batches
- Storage Problems
10. Nutro Ultra Puppy Dog Food
View On Chewy
Nutro Ultra Puppy Dog Food is a protein-rich formula with real chicken, lamb, and salmon as the main ingredients to give your pup essential nutrition for their growth. The 15 superfoods blend helps promote coat and skin health while being free from artificial preservatives, flavors, colors, corn, wheat, and soy protein.
This food has been rigorously tested for quality so you can feed it to your pup confidently, knowing they’re getting the best nutrition available! Plus, it’s suitable for all breeds of puppies, making sure each one gets what it needs nutritionally.
The reviews on Nutro Ultra have been mostly positive, with users seeing healthy coats in their pups after switching over. It’s worth noting that some dogs experienced diarrhea when first transitioning; however, this usually subsides after a few days or feeding adjustments are made accordingly by owners if needed.
- Protein-rich formula featuring real chicken, lamb & salmon as first ingredients
- Contains 15 Superfoods blend promoting coat & skin health
- Free from artificial preservatives, flavors, colors corn, wheat, soy proteins
- Rigorously tested ensuring high-quality standards
- Suitable for all breeds of puppies
- Some reports of initial digestive issues (diarrhea)
- Not an ideal choice for pickier eaters
Choosing the Right Food for Your Pit Bull
Choosing the right food for your Pit Bull is an important decision to ensure optimal health and nutrition. With a wide range of options on the market, it can be difficult to know which foods are best suited for this breed of dog.
Here, we provide information about 10 top-rated dog foods specifically designed for Pit Bulls that meet their unique dietary needs.
Nutrient guidelines for Pit Bulls
When selecting a food for your Pit Bull, make sure it meets AAFCO nutrient guidelines to ensure optimal health and vitality. Puppies need a higher protein content, while adults require moderate fat levels.
Consider the size of your pup when choosing a quantity. Too much can be harmful as they are prone to weight-related issues like joint damage.
Look for whole proteins as the first ingredient and avoid unidentified meat meals or artificial flavors, colors, and preservatives that can trigger allergies in some pit bulls.
Avoiding health issues
To ensure your canine companion stays healthy, be sure to choose a food that meets their unique nutritional needs. Avoid foods with unidentified meat meals and artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives as these can cause allergies.
For weight management, look for whole proteins in the first ingredient and opt for grain-free formulas like Bully Max High Performance, which contains 33% protein and 22% fat.
Probiotics are essential for good digestion, while omega fatty acids help support skin health. Consider Nulo Freestyle Adult Turkey & Sweet Potato, which has 37% protein and 20% fat. Joint care is also important, so choose supplements like Blue Buffalo True Solutions Jolly Joints to prevent issues caused by overfeeding.
With careful selection of dog food tailored to Pit Bull’s nutritional needs, you can keep them happy and healthy!
Specialized dog food options
Discover specialized dog food options that provide the nourishment your pup needs to thrive! Large breed dogs like pit bulls require high-protein diets and are more likely to suffer from allergies and skin issues.
Consider specially tailored foods such as Nom Nom for custom nutrition or grain-free recipes like Taste of the Wild Wetlands with omega fatty acids for skin health.
Additionally, Nutro Ultra Puppy features 15 superfoods while Wellness Complete Healthy Weight helps manage weight. For Pit Bull puppies, CANIDAE offers a vet-formulated wet food full of wholesome grains and real lamb in savory broth.
With all these options available, there’s no excuse not to provide your pup with optimal nutrition!
Feeding Pit Bull Puppies Vs. Adults
Feeding your Pit Bull pup and adult requires a different approach. Puppies need more calories, fat, and protein than adults to support their fast-paced growth. The best dog food for pit bull puppies should have at least 32% protein content with high-quality animal sources as the main ingredient.
If you are feeding kibble, look for larger pieces that require longer chewing time since Pit Bulls tend to eat quickly. This can lead to bloat or other health issues later on in life. It’s also important that puppy foods contain probiotics for healthy digestion and omega fatty acids for skin health, as well as antioxidants like Vitamins A & E for immune system support.
For the adult diet of medium breed dogs such as pit bulls, it is recommended to feed them two meals per day instead of one large meal due to their size. This will help regulate weight gain over time while still providing adequate nutrition without causing any digestive problems from overeating.
Foods specifically designed for adults may have lower calorie counts but higher levels of vitamins, minerals, fiber, and essential nutrients needed by older dogs, including glucosamine, chondroitin, calcium, phosphorus, taurine, DHA, EPA, etc.
As always, be sure to consult with your veterinarian before making any dietary changes so they can recommend an age-specific food plan tailored just right!
Understanding Different Pit Bull Breeds
Unlock the powerful potential of your pup by understanding their unique breed! Pit Bulls, or bully breeds, come in a variety of shapes and sizes. It’s important to understand the different varieties so that you can provide proper nutrition for your beloved companion.
Here are four essential points about pit bull breeds:
- There are three main types: American Pit Bull Terrier (APBT), American Staffordshire Bull Terrier (ASBT), and Staffordshire Bull Terriers (SBT).
- Each type has distinct characteristics such as coat color and head shape, which makes them easy to identify from one another. These characteristics also contribute to their individual temperaments and needs when it comes to nutrition or training requirements.
- The history behind each breed is varied. Some were bred for fighting, while others were used mainly as family pets. However, all pit bull breeds have great loyalty towards humans due to generations of selective breeding practices over time.
- As with any dog, providing regular exercise along with an appropriate diet tailored specifically for bully breeds will help ensure optimal health throughout every stage in life! A grain-inclusive diet that meets AAFCO nutrient guidelines, accompanied by quality supplements, should be considered when crafting a customized menu plan suitable for your pup’s specific nutritional demands based on its size, age, activity level, etc.
With these tips in mind, you will be well equipped on your journey through pet parenthood – happy trails!
Additional Considerations for Pit Bull Nutrition
Having a balanced diet is essential for the health and well-being of your Pitbull. To ensure proper nutrition, it’s important to pay attention to portion control, select quality ingredients, and address any specific health concerns.
With this in mind, let’s take a closer look at what makes up an ideal diet for Pitbulls.
Proper portion control.
Managing your pup’s portion sizes is key to keeping them healthy and happy. Follow nutritional guidelines for the best dog food for pit bulls, such as American Bully, Blue Buffalo, or cost-saving options.
Create a feeding schedule that meets their needs and consider regular weigh-ins to ensure they stay at an ideal weight range. When planning meals, make sure you’re not overfeeding, as it can lead to health problems like joint issues in pit bull breeds.
Also, be mindful of quick eating habits, as it may cause bloat in some dogs from consuming too much air during mealtimes! Monitor your pet’s diet closely by paying attention to ingredient lists on all dog foods and avoid artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives when possible!
Importance of quality ingredients.
When it comes to your pit bull’s nutrition, skimping on quality ingredients is a no-go – you’ll be in for plenty of pup problems if you do! Quality ingredients are essential for providing the nutritional benefits that meet dietary considerations.
Poor ingredient sourcing can have health implications and may lack essential vitamins and minerals. That’s why 5-star brands like Annamaet Ultra, Taste of the Wild Wetlands, and Bully Max High Performance Dog Food are recommended by knowledgeable pit bull owners as the best dog food for their dogs.
Don’t forget about grain-free diet options too! Feeding your pup with high-quality foods will ensure they get all the nutrients necessary to keep them healthy while avoiding any potential risks associated with lower-grade fare.
Addressing specific health concerns
Addressing specific health issues in your pit bull is an important part of their overall nutrition plan. Pit bulls are prone to allergies, joint issues, demodicosis, gastrointestinal diseases, and heart disease.
Consider a dog food that offers skin support with omega fatty acids and digestive health with probiotics. For joint health, look for ingredients like glucosamine or taurine. Cataracts can be managed through antioxidants.
To address dietary allergies, avoid corn, wheat, or soy proteins, as well as unidentified meat meals as the main ingredient.
Providing specialized foods tailored to your pup’s individual needs will help address any existing conditions they may have while also helping prevent them from occurring in the first place!
Finding the right dog food for your Pit Bull can be a challenge, but by understanding your pup’s unique needs, you can find the perfect meal plan to keep them healthy and thriving.
From high-protein kibble to grain-free wet food, there are plenty of options available to suit all life stages and budgets. Some of the top-rated options for Pit Bulls include Annamaet Ultra 32 Dry Dog Food, Dr.
Tim’s Kinesis Dog Food, Crave High Protein Chicken Dog Food, Taste of the Wild Wetlands Dog Food, Diamond Naturals Dog Food, Wellness Adult Chicken Oatmeal, and Nulo Freestyle Turkey Sweet Potato Dog Food.
Remember to feed your pup according to their age and breed, and consult your vet for specialized advice.