This site is supported by our readers. We may earn a commission, at no cost to you, if you purchase through links.
Searching for the best dog training treats can be a very long process. How do you know what’s good for your dog?
Treats are an indispensable tool for reward-based training. Healthy dog training treats can also be a helpful addition to your growing puppy’s diet. We’ve combed online reviews and considered our personal experiences to find the best training treats for puppies.
Welcome to the world of treats for dogs and puppies! Delicious pieces are easy to hold, store, and love dogs worldwide.
Some dog training treats are made for long-term chewing and suitable for crate training. Others treat clean dogs’ teeth or chew and lick them.
There are so many available that you should choose the best treats for puppy training.
To make your decision easier, there are a few things to consider.
Table Of Contents
- The Best Dog Training Treats (Quick Summary)
- Things to Keep in Mind When Picking Dog Training Treats
- 10 Best Dog Training Treats Of 2023
- 1. Zuke’s Mini Naturals Healthy Moist Training Treats
- 2. Pet Botanics Training Reward
- 3. Buffalo Blue Bits Training Dog Treats
- 4. Wellness Natural Grain Free Puppy Training Treats
- 5. Bil Jac Little Jacs Small Dog Treats
- 6. Crazy Dog Train Me Training Reward Mini Dog Treats
- 7. Old Mother Hubbard Recipe Dog Treats
- 8. Smokehouse 100% Natural Beef Munchies
- 9. Dingo Soft And Chewy Beef And Chicken Training Treats
- 10. Purebites Beef Liver Dog Treats
- FAQs About Dog Training Treat
The Best Dog Training Treats (Quick Summary)
Best OverallZuke’s Mini Naturals Healthy Moist Training Treats
4.5 out of 5
|Pet Botanics Training Reward|
4.5 out of 5
|Buffalo Blue Bits Training Dog Treats|
4.5 out of 5
|Wellness Natural Grain Free Puppy Training Treats|
4.5 out of 5
|Bil Jac Little Jacs Small Dog Treats|
5 out of 5
|Crazy Dog Train Me Training Reward Mini Dog Treats|
4.5 out of 5
|Old Mother Hubbard Recipe Dog Treats|
4.5 out of 5
|Smokehouse 100% Natural Beef Munchies|
4.5 out of 5
|Dingo Soft And Chewy Beef And Chicken Training Treats|
4.5 out of 5
|Purebites Beef Liver Dog Treats|
4.5 out of 5
Things to Keep in Mind When Picking Dog Training Treats
Treats don’t replace the time, effort, and consistency you need to train your dog, but they will help.
The key features to look out for in the best training treats for dogs are:
- Size: The treats should be as small as possible so your dog can eat them super fast and not get distracted from their training, so they don’t eat too many calories.
- Convenience: The treat should fit easily in your pocket or bait pocket and definitely shouldn’t be greasy or crumbly. A ‘clean’ treat that keeps its shape well is best.
- Healthy: It’s a truth often forgotten that recipe dog treats should be healthy and can even supplement your dog’s regular diet with additional health benefits.
- Delicious: This is more subjective, but your dog training treats need to excite your dog, or they won’t work as a training tool. Whether you opt for a treat with crunch, sweetness, or a meaty texture, it’s up to you: make your dog love it!
10 Best Dog Training Treats Of 2023
We’ve found what we think are the top 10 best dog treats for training through all of our searches. While training, you may want to invest in a handy training book for your dog.
1. Zuke’s Mini Naturals Healthy Moist Training Treats
These are the best-selling workout candies on Amazon and have over 2000 five-star reviews!
Made with real chicken with no added wheat, corn, or soy fillers like many recipe dog treats on the market, Zuke’s are sure to excite your dog with their meaty, healthy flavor.
Salmon and peanut butter flavors are also available if you think they can pique your dog’s interest. They are worth experimenting with.
These treats are also nutritionally sound, so you don’t have to worry about your dog taking on the pounds if you reward them little and often (although it’s always a good idea to keep track of how much they eat !). Made from whole natural dog foods human-grade ingredients that come from here in the US and even supplemented with added antioxidants, these little dog treats contain just 3.5 calories each.
In terms of suitability for use during training, their pea shape and readily digestible texture and flavor mean they are an immediate reward that will not distract your dog from his reactions.
The dog treats promise to keep their shape well in your pocket or bait bag, so you don’t get any awful grease or residue on your fingers or stuff. They also come in a zippered resealable bag to ensure their lasting freshness.
- Avoids most fillers, like wheat, corn, and soy
- Uses healthy natural protein as the first component for healthy and balanced muscle growth
- Low calorie
- Flavorful, healthy ingredients for a strong, healthy recovery
- Not the very best for large canines
2. Pet Botanics Training Reward
The ingredients in this world training rewards for training are great, but let’s start with what’s not in it. There are no fillers like corn and soy that many other brands sell. Fillers are harmful for two reasons. 1) They are tasteless to your dog, and 2) they lead to unwanted weight gain. Fillers are also an inexpensive way for companies to charge you more money.
Pet Botanics Training Reward dog treats start with pork liver treats as the main ingredient. Dogs need protein for healthy muscle growth, making this dog training treat an excellent choice. These healthy dog training treats for dogs also have dried eggs, sweet potato protein, bacon, and a load of vegetables to keep your dog healthy and attentive.
Dog liver treatment is filled with vegetables to improve your dog’s energy level and cognitive function. They also avoid all joint fillers.
- Pork liver flavor is a strong, protein-rich staple
- No fillers like soy and corn
- Small 3 calorie healthy recipe dog treats make it easy to reward your dog consistently
- Packed with healthy vegetables to keep your dog energized and healthy
- It might be too small for big dogs
3. Buffalo Blue Bits Training Dog Treats
Puppies can not chew challenging dog treats, and the globe-well-known buffalo blue bits brand understood it. With these soft puppy coaching treats, young pups can effortlessly get pleasure in them without having to chew for lengthy.
The goodness of these best puppy training treats instruction does not just quit at the texture — they are fortified with the two omegala six and omega 3s fatty acids for much more healthy skin and a shinier coat! Docosahexaenoic acid (usually referred to as DHA) is essential in advancing the puppy’s brain and cognitive functions (and there are lots sufficient in these tiny pup instruction bites!)
The blue buffalo bits’ initial ingredient is beef, and there are entirely no chicken by-goods or poultry meal and no corn, wheat, and soy. A single deal has three.5kcal, which is most definitely incredible if you offer plenty every day.
- Made with top-quality active ingredient list
- No man-made colors or flavors
- Hassle-free training dimension treats
- Wealthy taste can upset abdomen
- Solid smell
- On the high-priced side
4. Wellness Natural Grain Free Puppy Training Treats
The size and shape of the Wellness puppy bites are very crucial. If they have smaller-sized mouths and throats, healthy treats can not also be bulky or dense. These all-natural puppy treats for instruction are amazingly tiny squares, producing a superb alternative for smaller dogs. Feeding them multiples of these Wellness All-organic grain-free puppy treats of charge Puppy Instruction Treats is an adequate substitute because they are low calorie.
The organic elements in these Wellness puppy bites and coaching treats for canines tend to make them a top contender on the checklist. They are created of salmon, lamb, chicken, apples, and many more healthful components. You can pick from various options for dogs to select precisely what your canine is consuming.
Wholesome components are incredibly essential, particularly in an expanding puppy. They want high protein and wholesome fats for solid muscle and bone growth. An additional fantastic part about the Wellness All-organic puppy instruction treats is the reality that they use no fillers. Just pure, healthful, all-natural elements.
Omega fats are necessary for brain advancement and proper heart functioning. Feeding your puppy these puppy bites is a fantastic way to introduce omega 3s fats into their diet plan.
- Healthy protein and omega (healthy and balanced) fat
- Packed with vegetables and fruit
- Small dimension for numerous incentives, which is terrific for lengthy training periods
- Multiple tastes and component options for pet dogs, to choose precisely what’s in your pet dog’s diet
- Not suited for grownups
5. Bil Jac Little Jacs Small Dog Treats
Bil-Jac has made possible the best small dog training treat with these Small-Jacs. They are packed with above 25% of proteins, a balanced 10% of extra excess fat, and not a lot more than two% of fiber material. There are gluten-free meals or additional rendered excess fat.
Top-quality is vital right here given that the three highly initial components are chicken liver (very significant!), chicken (great!), and chicken meal (excellent.) This is not a gourmet puppy treat, but it is undoubtedly recommended for everyday use, and it is appropriately shaped for little mouths and digestive tracts.
- Plenty of muscle-growing protein
- No artificial tastes or colors
- Perfect size for small dogs
- Delicious flavor to award your pup
- Too small for huge pet dogs
6. Crazy Dog Train Me Training Reward Mini Dog Treatscalories per deal, which is some of the lowest we’ve found on the marketplace. Your canine will not get packed on these, which aids make them excellent for retaining them fired up for a great deal much more.
With these instruction treats, you can select bacon, chicken, beef, and salmon as the primary ingredients. These components are excellent for expanding puppies and retaining their concentrate with the tasty taste.
Children adore canines, but it can be not very comforting to begin interacting with 1. These little pet treats are outstanding for youngsters to feed to a puppy to assist them to see that dogs genuinely are man’s very, very best pal. Crazy dog train even has it printed on their label that their training treats are an excellent way to introduce your child to a puppy in a pleasant atmosphere.
These dog training treats are incredibly decreased in calorie count, which implies you can feed them a bunch of them during a coaching session. As well as large of a deal with can lead to undesirable bodyweight acquire.
- Several tasty flavors to choose from
- No fillers or artificial components
- Only a single. five calories, which will not fill your dog’s abdomen
- Ideal for helping introduce a youngster to your canine in an entertaining way
- Too small for big dogs
7. Old Mother Hubbard Recipe Dog Treats
If you’re searching for the best young puppy training treats, Old Mother Hubbard 10237 All-natural Dog Treats are a healthy and delicious addition to your puppy’s diet regimen. Old Mother Hubbard treats are bite-sized biscuits that are fantastic for training your new puppy. This brand name is made with natural ingredients fortified with minerals and vitamins necessary for your canine. Old Mother Hubbard treats have no scent so that you won’t have stinky hands after training sessions. The only concern is that this brand is made with wheat, so it’s not suitable for pets with wheat food allergies. Or else, we discover Old Mother Hubbard All-natural Dog Treats to be the best overall pup training reward.
- Smaller dimension fantastic for education
- All-organic elements
- Fortified with nutritional vitamins & minerals
- Minor to no smell
- Consists of wheat
8. Smokehouse 100% Natural Beef Munchies
As an alternative, larger canines should be rewarded using biscuit-sized instruction treats. However, most common-sized treats are complete wheat, grains, and lowered-high quality carbohydrates.
These Smokehouse Beef Munchies For Canines are nearly ideal for big canines: they are produced from beef and only feed, nothing else. It is a hundred% beef lungs which are tasty for our canines (thank the Lord cows do not smoke cigarettes, ha!) And this is the only ingredient on the checklist.
The beef jerkies have been slowly roasted and air-dried in the purchase to reach the optimum texture and consistency. They can be stored for a long time because of their highly reduced water content material, and their palatability is that of beef, so they are somewhat hard to beat.
For instruction functions, I would propose you lower them in smaller-sized bits on the reception of the package deal. That way, you are not providing significantly to your canine and make a single bag last longer. These are produced in the United States, so do not worry about manufacturing and hygiene requirements!
- One hundred% natural
- No additives, preservatives, or colors
- Large protein treats
- Made in the USA.
9. Dingo Soft And Chewy Beef And Chicken Training Treats
These puppy instruction treats are created with actual beef and chicken. In contrast to many other brands that mimic these flavors with artificial flavors, these are all organic. There is also garlic oil for a more powerful aroma and taste. Once again, these taste-packed treats will maintain your puppy coming back for much, a lot more. Nothing at all keeps a puppy motivated like delicious treats.
Back in the ’90s, a dog named Dingo loved to chew on anything at all in his way. His owner, Les, chose that the best way to stop him from performing this was to feed him chewy treats as nicely as supplying him with an indestructible puppy toy to chew in the meantime. Canines and puppies adore chewing, which is why they chew our footwear and wallets. Les figured that the most excellent way to deal with this difficulty was to give Dingo, mainly what he required: puppy chews!
- Produced with real beef and chicken
- Robust flavors and aromas to preserve your puppy coming back
- Amazingly tiny dimension for repetitive coaching rewards
- Chewy texture to give your canine precisely what they genuinely like
- Your dog may not like the flavor
10. Purebites Beef Liver Dog Treats
These are (higher-quality’ rewards, created with a single ingredient: a hundred% organic, USDA inspected beef liver. Turning out to be this type of high quality and so tasty, you should use these sparingly during instruction as a significant value reward.
Made in the USA from a single ingredient, these are assured to be the gluten-free and grain-free puppy treat of charge with no fillers. Relatively just wholesome and delicious.
These are only ten calories per deal with, but if you want to deal with substantially less each time, they are super easy to break into smaller-sized, a lot more rapidly eaten chunks that will not distract your pup for lengthy in the course of instruction.
As you can anticipate with this kind of large-top high-value treats as these, they are delivered to you freeze-dried in an airtight bag to assure their freshness and flavor. Your puppy will like them!
- Produced using a delicate freeze-drying process
- Fresh, raw beef liver
- Larger in protein
- Just five calories per deal with
- A hundred% the pure USA sourced
- Resealable bag keeps fresh
FAQs About Dog Training Treat
Here are a few frequently asked questions about dog training treats and their answers.
Why should you use treats for dog training?
Treats make training fun and easy. While it’s perfectly possible to train dogs without high-value treats, it can be more difficult.
Treats are an easy way to tell your dog: (YES! That’s what I want you to do! Do it again!)
As soon as your dog finds out he needs to be alone to sit when you say (sit), and he delivers liver, then you are golden brown.
Treats and hand-fed dogs are also helpful for bonding. Your dog will start to trust you and happily work with you if you are a constant source of good things.
How many dog training treats per day maximum?
There is no maximum, but you must ensure that you factor in the number of treats given to your dog in your dog’s meals for the day. If you do a lot of training on weekends, reduce the overall meal portions to balance.
If you train your dog a lot every day, you want to invest in protein-rich puppy training treats rather than carb-filled ones. This is to mimic and improve your dog’s overall diet. Liver dog treats are great for intensely trained dogs.
What kind of treats to use for dog training?
Dog treats are unique from other types of treats. Ordinary milk bones and other great treats are not, as they can cause all kinds of weight gain and health problems. So what can you use for dog training treat?
As for breed size, you need smaller dog treats for training sessions. If you teach your dog a new trick or lesson, reward him several times, so he knows he is doing a good job. Smaller, low-calorie treats are your best option. All dog options on the list are relatively small and significant for these extensive training sessions.
You also want to make sure the treats are high in protein. Fortunately, most of the treats on the list have protein as their first ingredient. Sources such as salmon, chicken, and beef are excellent options for dogs.
How to use puppy training treats at a young age?
Puppies should undergo several hours of training every day during their first months of age. Consequently, they will receive a more significant amount of treats, so the high-value treats matter a lot more than for adults. Proportionally, puppy training treats will represent a more significant percentage of your pup’s daily calorie intake.
I prefer single-animal sources and higher levels of proteins over cheap carb-based dog training treats for puppies. They may be slightly pricier but not much, especially when bought in bulk.
It is known that dogs always like to be rewarded. They live to make you happy, and I love to give them healthy, natural treats.
As one of the dog owners, It is essential to feed your pup healthy dog foods, especially a puppy.
Dog training treats are the best way to reward your dog and teach him new tricks or behaviors. They are specially made to be eaten in large quantities, so they don’t gain weight. Reward your dog for learning with some delicious all-natural dog training treats.
Recommended Reading: Best Dog for Single Men: Find Your Best Friend 2023