Furminator Firm Grooming Slicker Brush, Dog, Small
- Simple, comfortable solution for clean, healthy coats
- Removes surface mats and detangles and smoothes the coat without pulling
- Brush design reduces pressure on the pet’s skin
- Finishes coats and creates a natural shine
- Intended for pets with curly, long or medium coats
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
As creators of the FURminator deShedding Tool, FURminator continues to raise the bar with innovative, proprietary shedding solutions. The FURminator family of deShedding tools, grooming tools, hair care products, bathing and hygiene solutions broadens and enhances the FURminator deShedding experience for pet parents and their pets. Simply put, there is no pet care solution on the market like the FURminator line of products. The FURminator Large Firm Slicker Brush for dogs is ideal for medium, long and curly coats to remove surface mats and tangles without damaging the coat. This tool has rigid bristles on one side and curved bristles on the other. The double flexible head design follows the natural contours of your dog’s body, while the bristles remain in their ideal working position. You will love the ergonomic handle for a secure and comfortable grip while using the tool. Give your pet the experience of professional grooming, with professional results, right from your home. Look for more professional grooming products and shampoos in the FURminator product line.
A well-groomed pet is a happy, healthy pet. But there are many reasons why frequent visits to your pet stylist may not always be possible. With FURminator’s line of professional quality grooming tools, you can achieve professional results in your own home. As industry innovators and experts in pet hair, FURminator understands the entire shedding cycle and the role hair care and hygiene play in helping to reduce shedding and make you and your pet happy. For that reason, FURminator has developed a high-quality line of hair care, nail, hygiene and waterless products.
All dogs need grooming, regardless of coat type: thick, curly, fine, silky, straight or somewhere in between. FURminator’s superior grooming brush line includes smooth bristles in two sizes, each available with firm or soft pins. Regardless of the tool, FURminator’s advanced line of brushes is the most trusted solution for keeping coats clean and healthy and both pets and pet parents comfortable and happy.
- Ideal for medium, long and curly coats to remove surface mats and tangles without damaging the coat
- With straight bristles on one side and curved bristles on the other
- Double flexible head design follows the natural contours of your dog’s body while keeping the bristles in their ideal working position
- Ergonomic handle is safe and comfortable in your hand
- Antimicrobial plastic helps minimize germs and bacteriaUse short, smooth strokes in the direction of hair growth with each brush. Start with the head and work your way to the tail. Pay special attention to the areas behind the ears and under the legs where matting is more likely.
- Before using a FURminator Professional Grooming Tool, perform a full physical inspection of your pet. Look for sores, bruises and skin conditions, which may be hidden by his fur. If your pet has any of these conditions, you should be treated by a veterinarian before brushing.
- The FURminator Firm Slicker Brush is gentle enough to use even on dogs with sensitive skin. Use the tool 1-2 times a week for a few minutes per session to remove excess hair and dirt, remove mats and tangles and keep your pet looking its best.
- The FURminator Firm Slicker Brush is an excellent choice to start the grooming process. Use this brush before bathing to remove mats, tangles or foreign matter. It can also be used after bathing to give your pet a smooth coat.
- Then use the correct comb for your pet’s needs.
Visit the FURminator Brand Store for a complete overview of the FURminator product line.
Brush – Detangles and softens coat, distributes oils over skin and coat.
Cloths – Collects and reduces shedding from the pet’s surface.
Dog Stable Control ClothsDog Finishing CombDog RakeDog Dual BrushDog Slicker BrushDog Curry Comb
deShed – Reduces loss by up to 90%. Use the tool weekly for 10-20 minute sessions.
FURminator deShedding Tool for DogsFurVac vacuum accessory deShedding Waterless Spray
Bathing – Promotes healthy skin and coat while reducing shedding.
Trim – Eliminates sore paws, legs and hips and promotes overall health.
deShedding Ultra Premium ShampoodeShedding Ultra Premium ConditionerNail ClippersNail Sharpener
8 x 2.7 x 1.5 inches 5.6 Ounces
|Item model number|
|Date First Available|
November 3, 2011
|Country of Origin|
Item can be shipped within U.S.
This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
Does it have a cushion behind the bristles or is it rubber? I need something without a cushion so i can clean it properly
Thanks for asking! The black component the bristles appear of is a rubber material so you can cleanse it easily. For even more aid to get in touch with the FURminator straight at [email protected] We more than happy to address your questions!
Which brush is best for english bulldogs? i have 2 that shed horribly. have heard this is a great product.
Many thanks for asking! For English bulldogs we suggest the FURminator Curry Comb and also FURminator Medium Short Hair deShedding tool. To ensure that we can answer your other FURminator product inquiries please call us at [email protected]
What size brush do you suggest for a 12 pound mini poodle mix?
I have 2 small pets, as well as this was as well harsh, so I got a Martha Stewatddog brush which does not hurt their skin.
Is there a warranty on this brush?
Thank you for asking! There is not a warranty on the brush. If you have any concerns with it please call FURminator at [email protected] We enjoy to aid!
What brush works best on a bichon frise?
I have actually used the small size fulminator slicker brush. It works well nevertheless the hard steel bristles seems to harm her sensitive skin. I discovered one more plastic kind with soft plastic bristles. Functions great on detangling.
What color does it come in?
The slicker brush comes in lime environment-friendly as pictured. For more assistance, get in touch with the FURminator at [email protected]
What are the dimensions of the small brush and the large brush?
Don't understand however if you have a big dog, I suggest big brush. The smaller I think are like for schnauzers, smaller breed dogs. I have a conventional goldendoodle, approx 90lbs as well as i use huge brush. I enjoy the brush btw
Does the small brush work well for a standard size poodle? Not sure if I should purchase the small or large...
I bought the small brush, and also I have a St. Bernard. Functions well on him yet with his shedding I have to clean the brush rather regularly. Wells very excellent for me, not a problem yet.
What's the difference in size between the small and the large brush?
I have actually located the only distinction in between the big and small slickers is the size of the brush. The bristles remain the very same. Wonderful brush to utilize on all layers needing brushing.
Would this be good for a mini goldendoodle puppy?
Yes it would certainly. It has 2 various sides for brushing the side with the bent bristles is really helpful for the under layer. This brush is a wonderful way to assist protect against matting in tool to lengthy hair canines. We have a Chow and also this is the only brush we use, it functions great!